The Yeppoon RSL Sub Branch’s first recorded letter was in 1920 with further known correspondence in 1921 and 1928. Their first official minutes are April 1938 with all minutes to the present day available with the exception of February to November 1942. The Official Charter is dated 01 January 1939.
Yeppoon RSL was successful in getting land put aside for a Soldiers’ Memorial Hall on 31st August 1921 from the Lands Department. By an order in Council on 13th April 1922 the land was permanently reserved for the Soldiers Memorial Hall. The land was in the Government Gazette on the 15th April 1922.
The 1946 Yeppoon Sub Branch took control of the School of Arts building, with little success duet to the state of the building. In 1949 the Sub Branch constructed a building similar to the QCWA building that was already on the reserve, with a connecting porch with access to both buildings, 1960, the first extension was built to the rear of the building, with further extensions to the from in 1986.
1947 saw the first of the military memorabilia arrive and was housed in the rear section of the RSL. With a constant flow of memorabilia arriving, and no room in the RSL, a new building behind the RSL was purpose built for a military museum in 2007.
The area around and in Yeppoon have numerous memorials dedicated to the fallen, spanning most wars, with Afghanistan being the latest plaque added to the town memorial. The local Anzac and Rememberance Days are increasing in size every year, especially due to the young now showing more of an interest.
Meetings are held every Second Sunday of the month beginning at 1000 hours.